Sunday, March 25, 2012

I CAN do this...

It has been almost a month since my last post.  I really need to make posting a habit, even if no one ever reads my blog but me.  I recently realized that the tracking and notes I do in Weight Watcher's e-tools only seems to go back about 2 months.  I can imagine if everyone's full history was kept their data base would be totally overloaded!

So here is goes...

My last 4 weigh ins have gone as follows...

March   3...-.8
March   9...-.4
March 16...-2.8
March 23...+2.0

Which means I have lost a total of 2 pounds in the past 4 weeks.  I have been struggling since December and every time I seem to be getting back on track I seem to get off track just as fast.  It almost seems as if I am sabotaging myself.  I have gone up and down the same few pounds for months and months, and I have got to make some serious changes if I am going to get past this nonsense and get back to losing a significant amount on a steady basis.

I still have about 70-90 pounds to lose and I know if I got back to business I could lose them this year and meet my goal weight by the end of the year.  The time is going to pass anyway, God willing, so I have got to figure out how to make the most of it.

I really love exercise, and most weeks get a lot of it.  When I don't exercise as planned it is usually because I need to care for my kids because they are sick, or because I have to take care of my parents.  A few weeks ago my daughter started Track and Field.  She has practice 3-4 nights a week.  During her practice, I walk around the outside of the track for 60-90 minutes.  I can watch her practice and get some extra activity in at the same time...win...win!

So exercise has not been my problem lately...eating has.  I find that I start most days off well and then sometime over the course of the day I make one poor choice that leads to another.  This does not happen on a daily basis, but has definitely happened more often lately.  I know I am up since my weigh in on Friday,  I feel horrible...like I am 80 pounds heavier again.

Tomorrow is a new day.  I will start my day with oatmeal, a good walk on the treadmill, and a 60 minute spin class.  I will keep myself super busy all day, and plan the week's meals so I am prepared and not eating things I shouldn't.  Throughout my journey I have never eliminated any foods that I really enjoy, but I have had better control over when I how much I ate.  I need to get back to the mindset which helped me lose 80 pounds in the first place.  I have to get back to my 100%, faithful, WW self.  I have to get back to me.

I deserve to lose weight and reach my goals.  There is not reason why I shouldn't be a WW success story.  I CAN do this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment