Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weigh in...

Finally...weigh in day...this was another long week, but I really put forth more effort to be mindful of what (and how much) I was eating.  I also got in more activity than I have in the past few weeks.  I walked to the meeting this morning...it was pretty cold...40 degrees.  Even though it was a bit windy and chilly, the walk there wasn't bad.  The walk back was a bit better as it had warmed up a bit but was not yet hot.  I would take cold over hot any day!

So...I lost 2.2 pounds...yeah...the scale is finally moving in the right direction!  My total lost is now 78.2.  I still have 5.6 to lose to get back to where I was at the beginning of December, but I KNOW I will get there and beyond!  The past few weeks have been challenging and taught me a few things as well.  I am sure that I will be able to better manage next Christmas, and I plan to be at goal by then.

Today my husband, daughter, and I went to the movies to see Chipwrecked.  It was cute and good for some laughs.  I did take my water, string cheese, chopped carrots, and a candy cane...sorry movie theater...if you offered better options I would not bring my own.  I enjoyed my cheese, carrots, water, and 10pp worth of movie popcorn.  Usually it is burnt tasting, but today it was super good.  Even though I used some of my weeklies, I did enjoy my eats today.  Last night we had carne asada...my absolute favorite type of beef...I had 3pp worth of carne asada, 2pp worth of grilled shrimp, 2pp worth of guacamole, and some baked kale.  I wanted more carne asada, but told myself that I would be better off waiting until today.  I use that trick often with myself and my daughter...I tell us that if we wait until the next day to eat more of something then if we still want it we can eat it for breakfast.  Most days we don't even think about it the next day.  Today was not one of those days so I had carne asada, guacamole, and a soft roll for breakfast...along with my banana at the meeting.  To include all of my eats today I used 20 of my weeklies and earned 4 activity pp with my walk to and from the meeting.  Tomorrow I have a ton of school to work on...I can hardly believe next week is my last!  I am going to take a break from school to go to the bike trail with the family.  My husband, son, and daughter all have bikes...I am still afraid to ride a bike that actually moves.  I am totally confident on the spin bike at the gym...but having to steer and brake is a different story.  Maybe for my birthday I will finally get a bike and actually be brave enough to ride it...we'll see...I have almost 4 months to build up my courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment