Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not best, but better for sure...

Today was better than many I have had lately, but there is still work to be done to get back to where I once was.  My son and daughter were both sick since Sunday night.  She went back to school yesterday and I took him to the doctor today.  Out of all of the times I have ever taken my kids to doctor, only a few times have they been given medicine.  I don't know if it is because they are allergic to penicillin or because whatever they have just has to run its course, but I hate when my kids are sick.  I feel so helpless when they feel miserable and I can't do much to make them feel better.

I started this post a week ago.  Another week of illness, but this time it is my turn.  I have the bad cold both of my kids had, but it hit me much worse then it got them.  I have had so many things to do this week, I am not getting better.  Today I plan to go back to bed for a few hours before the kids get out of school.  I would love to go to the gym and try to sweat it out, but I don't think that would be a good idea considering I can hardly breathe and I don't want to share the germy love!

Eating hasn't been too bad this week, but could be better.  I did create a new smoothie...new to my anyway.  In efforts to boost my Vitamin C intake I used 2 whole oranges, 1 Cup of Milk, and a WW Vanilla smoothie mix to make my version of a creamsicle.  I added a ton of ice and it made alot.  It was refreshing, soothing on my throat, and since I don't count pp for fruit or veggies in recipes, it was only 4pp...2 milk servings, and 2 fruit servings all in one shot!  Last night my sister-in-law and niece visited from out of town.  We had Panda Express for dinner...I did not have rice or egg rolls, and only ate 3 pieces of orange chicken, less than 1/4 cup of chow mein, some broccoli (no beef), and some string bean and mushroom chicken.  I did have 2 fortune cookies and tons of water.  I went over my daily pp, but considering I am sick and we had unexpected guests, it is what it is.  I have to just take it one day at a time and remember it is a journey, not a race.  I will never be "finished" so I should enjoy myself here and there...along the weigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment