Thursday, February 23, 2012

Still sick...

I am still sick...tomorrow will be day 6.  Even though I have taken care of many things (and people) this week, I have been taking it relatively easy.  I hope my body just needs a few more days to recover so I can get back to the gym by Monday.  I walked a bit this morning, like 5 minutes down the street and back.  By the time I got back I could hardly breathe.  I haven't felt like that since 75 pounds ago and it was a horrible feeling that I never want to experience again.  I know it is because I am super congested, but the feeling was far too familiar.

I never did get back to bed today but I did spend some quiet time on the internet looking at weight loss blogs.  It is amazing how I can relate to so many of the stories.  When I read other blogs I feel inspired and motivated to keep pushing on.  I had been such an amazing WW...tracked everything, ate the right things, indulged within reason, exercised on a regular basis, and most importantly lost weight on a regular basis.  Then life got in the way and I fell to the bottom of my to do list.  I always thought if I lost only .2 each week I would give up for sure.  Well...I have lost and gained and lost and gained the same few pounds over and over in the past few months, but I have certainly NOT given up!  I have come too far to turn back now.

It is 6:15pm and I am full, not super full, but satisfied...like the perfectly blown up balloon in the WW Getting Started Guide.  I have 3pp left for the day.  As of this moment I have no need, or desire, to use them.  Hoping to make it to the end of the night without using them...we'll see.

One last thing I must type as my memory is horrible even when it comes to important things that I WANT to remember...  I have never participated in lent, but have decided to do so this year.  I have decided to give up white bread, and so many of its cousins...hamburger buns, hot dog buns, naan bread, fluffy rolls, flour tortillas, alternative bagels, english muffins, and biscuits.  I am sure as time goes on I will find other family members that would fall into the same category.  I have enjoyed all of these foods along my weight loss journey...yes...even when I was consistently losing weight.  I will enjoy them again, but I think at this point I need some type of food challenge to get me back on track and back to my losing streak.  My daughter has decided to join in and give up pizza.  My son and mom have decided on chocolate, which I can't imagine since the two of them love their chocolate, but we'll see.  We made a chart to fill in every night...since I did not decide to do this until today...tomorrow will be our official Day 1.  For the record, I did not have any white bread items today...yeah me!

No comments:

Post a Comment