Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Fresh Start...

The summer was quite chaotic as my mom was in a minor car accident, and we had to make the difficult decision of her no longer driving.  It has been challenging to drive her around 6-7 days a week, but I think now that summer is over and school has started, we should be able to get a good routine going.  I had been struggling with WW on and off since my dad's stroke in January.  I think too many changes came too fast and I couldn't keep myself on my to do list. 

I quit WW, actually cancelled my membership, about 3 weeks ago.  I did not track or exercise much because of a foot injury.  I could have made better choices during that time but they could have also been much worse.  Last week I decided to rejoin.  I decided it was time to focus on myself and my weight loss journey.  I went and bought an ActiveLink and I am currently on Day 5 of my 8 Day Assessment.  Today was my first weigh in since my last meeting...about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  I was up 5.4 pounds.  Considering I have gained that much in 1 week a few times, I was happy with that number.  I considered resetting my start weight to 0, but was quickly told not to by staff and members.  Instead the receptionist who weighed me in whited out the 5.4 gain and gave me a new weigh book.  Therefore I am starting this part of my journey with a 62 pound loss...21 pounds heavier than my lowest in December...but still very far from where I started in February of last year!

Day 1 was a success.  I went to a great meeting and caught up with my WW buddies.  I got in some good activity playing with my daughter, and I only used 7 of my weeklies.  I wanted to eat so many times throughout the day, but found other things to do instead.  I know I can do this...I WILL do this!

My main focus will be to take it one day at a time, meet all of my healthy guidelines each day, and stay within my daily / weekly allowances.

I would like to lose 38 pounds by my December 29th WW meeting...this would bring me to "Onederland" and a total loss of 100 pounds.  I have 18 weigh ins from now until then...if I can lose an average of 2 pounds a week, I might just make it!  Once I reach that milestone, then I will have about 50 pounds left between me and goal...I can't even imagine, but I know I will make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment