Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 3...So Far, So Good...

Last night I went to bed reletively early, so this morning I woke up refreshed and ready to go.  I took a shower, put on my gym clothes, made breakfast and the kids lunches, and even put on my gym shoes intending to go for a walk.  When I first put on my shoe, it hurt, but I figured I could manage.  On the way to taking my kids to school, my toes started to hurt in addition the original injured area.  I decided I better take of my shoes and give it some more time so I don't do any more damage.  I was frustrated as it seems like it has been forever since I have gotten in some good cardio.  I did use my hand weights for a bit this morning and walked around Wal-Mart for an hour while my mom was at the gym.  When I wear my sandals, or am barefoot, my foot does not hurt but I can't get in a super good walk in my sandals.  I will just continue to move as much as I can, and if it is not better by next week I will bite the bullet and spend $ 50 for a trip to Urgent Care.  We have health insurance, and I am thankful for it, but our copays and our monthly premium are super high.

Today's eats were pretty good...I could have had more veggies, but I just wasn't in the mood.  My mom and I went out to lunch.  We had not planned it, so I am super happy with my choices.  We shared a grilled chicken sandwhich on a wheat bun with pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, and no mayo.  We shared an order of fries.  I also had iced tea and s small lowfat ice cream cone.  I was able to find the nutirtional info for everything but the cone, so I counted it as 1pp more than a McD cone, even though it was smaller.  My 1/2 sandwhich and fries were each 5pp, so for 15pp I had a super good "fast-food" type of lunch.  I could have done without the ice cream and saved myself 5pp, but I really wanted it and it was worth the pp.  I am trying to focus on eating things I really like and want, just in smaller portions and less often.  If I don't like something, I will not waste my pp by eating it just because it is there.  That mindset is what helped me lose 83 pounds last year...and is what is going to help me get to goal by the end of next year.

I still have 12 weeklies left.  I have always used them all since my very first week at WW so I am going to continue to use them each week if I need them.  Last week I had thoughts of not using them at all, but then I quickly decided they are a huge part of the flexibilty I love about WW.  If at some point I am doing everything right and the scale is not moving, I may use less of them to see if that makes a difference, until them I will carry on as usual.

Even though I wasn't able to exercise as I would have liked, I am still going to consider today as on program and a success!

Onto Day 4...

No comments:

Post a Comment