Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weigh in...and I turned 35 today...

I was down 2.8 pounds this week...total lost...78.2!  So excited since I did get in a ton of physical activity.  Today is my birthday.  It was an eventful day, not in a birthday way,  but in my hectic life way.  Started the day taking the kids to school and finding my tire pressure light lit up telling me something was wrong.  Since none of the tires were flat, I cautiously drove to WW.  Once done, I went to the tire shop and they found a screw and patched the tire.  A few months ago I had two screws in one tire at the same time...I don't do construction for a living so I don't know where on earth I pick these things up?!?

After my tire adventure I spent hours at my daughter's school helping her teacher and, once her teacher left, working feverishly on  projects for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I still have tons to do but got a lot done today for sure.  Once school was out, my daughter and I printed the photos that I took of the kids today and then went grocery shopping.  Home to cook dinner...frozen pizza...something that I cook once or twice a year, if that often.  I bought pepperoni pizzas, which were less "pointy" than plain cheese, and added some lean ham, crumbled lean bacon, and fresh mushrooms.  The prep and cook times were quick, the pizza was on sale, and there were very few dishes to do.  My birthday "cake" consisted of a 2" square piece of carrot cake, I ate half of it, and a 5" square piece of choc / vanilla marble cake with whipped frosting, I ate 1/5 of it.  Both cakes were good, and with about 1/2 cup of light ice cream, they really hit the spot.  Although I did use the majority of my weeklies today, I felt in control and satisfied rather than stuffed.  I definitely think there is hope for me and my inner thin self!

Tomorrow will be another long day at the track.  I have already packed our lunch and snacks...fresh fruit, carrots sticks, grape tomatoes, bagel thins with whipped cream cheese, spinach, and lean ham, pistachios, date bars, a ton of ice and water, and of course sun screen.  We are leaving super early so there will be space to set up our easy up.

Sunday we are off to the beach with my mother-in-law and husband's cousin to celebrate my birthday.  We are supposed to be going to a seafood restaurant...should be interesting...

This coming week I will be spending a lot of time at my daughter's school for Teacher Appreciation Week, but I will be sure to get to the gym each day beforehand.  I want to see another loss on the scale this week, I am done seeing it go down once week just to go back up the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment