I made the best of my morning and worked on hot gluing my daughter's Fall wreaths for school, picked up the house, and packed to go scrapbooking this weekend. My daughter and I are going to go with a friend, and I know we will have a blast.
Yesterday I attempted my suegra's (mother-in-law's) recipe for chicken legs. She is a fantastic cook and does not use recipes, so I did my best. I let them marinade over night and cooked them tonight...they were sooo good...not quite as good as hers, but pretty darn close!
- Chicken legs with the skin removed
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Yellow mustard
- Chicken bouillon
- Seasoning Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Brummel & Brown Yogurt Butter
Directions for marinade...
- Once the skin is removed, cut several small slits in each leg
- Salt each piece individually
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl...except for the chicken
- Dip each chicken leg in the mixture and then put in a ziploc bag
- Once all of the legs are in, pour in the remaining mixture and refrigerate overnight, turning several times
Directions for cooking...
- Heat a pan on med/high heat
- Add butter, adjust temperature as needed to prevent burning
- Add chicken legs and cover
- Cook for approx 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Remove lid and brown, turning chicken frequently