Saturday, November 5, 2011

Weigh in...

I love Saturday mornings...I know I have made it through the week, whether it has been good or bad, and I have a chance to see all my Weight Watcher peeps, and of course listen to the wisdom of our fabulous and fashionable leader, Dawn!  I go to the 7:30 meetings which means I get their by 7am.  I know it is early, but there is really no better way to start the day!  This morning I was down 1.6 pounds, for a total of 76.6. 

I am pleased with my weight loss, as there was a lot going on this past week!  It started off with a visit from my Suegra (mother-in-law) who came with her own tub of manteca (pork lard).  When she comes, she cooks, and cooks, and cooks some more.  She made beans, mole, birrea, tamales, and chicken legs.  We tried to make pupusas, but we need some more practice as they were not quite right.  My husband is from Mexico and we speak crazy Spanglish in our house, and sometimes our menus are all over the place.  Needless to say I burnt through my weeklies pretty fast, but I did TRACK and ACCOUNT for every bite!  I am probably the only Weight Watcher in history whose tracker contains an entry for a "bean lick".  After the madness of the weekend, I also survived all of the sweet temptations of Halloween, and managed 5 awesome workouts!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment