Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 74...What the heck was I thinking!?!?

I was so tired when I woke up this morning.  I didn't even think about not going on my walk, I simply put on my clothes and shoes and did it.  I was 13 minutes slower than normal.  It usually only takes me 50 minutes to walk a hilly 3 miles...today...63.  Usually I feel better once I start working and really good once I am finished.  Today I still felt tired.

My daughter stayed home again today since she was coughing all night.  She is feeling much better so I am hoping she gets a good night's sleep and is raring to go back to school in the morning.  She loves school and hates to miss so I know she is really not feeling well when she doesn't want to go.  She stayed with my mom while I took my son to school and went for my walk.  I am lucky to have my mom and thankful she and my kids are so close.

After my walk I had to take my mom to the chiropractor.  My daughter took her blanket, pillow, and bunny.  We layed in the car and I read to her while my mom was doing her thing...it takes her a little over an hour each time.  My daughter and I ate peaches before we left the house but were still hungry.  I drove up and down the street looking and thinking where to go...What would be a good food choice?  Where could I drive-thru so my daughter wouldn't have to get out her car in her jammies?  We ended up at Carl's Jr...bad decision.  I had no idea what to order and ended up getting some chicken pieces, hashbrowns, and a Western Bacon Cheeseburger...What the heck was I thinking!?!?  I don't drive-thru often and this is was I chose!?!?

We drove back and sat in the car for our snack and to read.  My daughter ate a bit and was good.  I picked my burger apart and ended up eating less than half.  I also had a few hashbrowns and a piece of chicken with ranch.  Did I need any of it? No.  Did I enjoy any of it?  Yes.  It all tasted especially good...why?  Not sure...Maybe because I was tired.  Maybe because I have not eaten that kind of food at Carls Jr. in a very long time.  Maybe because "bad" food just tastes good.

After we picked my mom up, we came home, I made my mom lunch, and I was off to the valley to pick up her friend's medicine.  I honestly don't understand why her own dumb daughter, or her daughter's dumb husband couldn't do it since they live with her and it would save me 60 miles of driving and hours of my time!  On the way back to her house I passed another Carl's Jr.  The taste of the chicken earlier gave me the dumb idea to stop and have the same chicken in the form of a sandwich.  I ate the whole thing and it was delicious...I did not order any fries so that was a plus, but I did not look up or track the pp either.

The trip was stressful especially since my mom's friend tried to "reserve" all of my Thursdays for the rest of forever which would mean a total of 120 miles (2 round trips in one day) and many hours of my time each week.  I honestly already have enough to do and I shouldn't feel obiligated to add more.  I told her I could not commit to every Thursday and we would just have to take it as it comes. 

On my way home I ate a bag of Baked Doritos and 2 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups...yes, they were delicious.  When I got home my mom's response to her friend's request was "Well, you can't stop taking me places!"  Yes mom, I know.  I ended up eating a bit of ice cream, some cream cheese with jelly, and a spoonful of peanut butter.  Then I was done.  My random eats of this and that throughout the day finally caught up to me and I was done eating.  A few hours later I made dinner.  Store bought thin crust cheese pizza which I added toppings to...mini pepperoni slices, back olives, canadian bacon, green peppers, and red onion.  I did not add any additional cheese and once they were cooked I was glad I didn't because there was plenty.  I am a super multi-tasker, however I was doing the dishes when the time went off to take the pizza out of the oven.  I let it go another minute...or two?  The bottom 2 pizzas were a bit burnt on one side.  Luckily the top 2 pizzas were perfect.  I dished everyone up and had two small slices...which came out to 8pp for both.  Not bad, except for all of the other nonsense I ate throughout the day!

What is done is done.  Moving on... 

No comments:

Post a Comment