Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 89...

The day started off with a good walk and breakfast...as usual.  The morning went by quickly...my daughter had a Furlough day off from school so she went with my mom and I to the chiro.  We dropped my mom off, ran to the mall to buy hand soap at Bath & Body Works...one of my luxury items...although I do wait to buy them until they are on sale and we have a coupon.  From there we went to the library, picked up my mom, went to lunch, stopped at the bank, I ran into Sam's for a few items, got gas, and we were finally ome by 2pm. 

I did really well at lunch.  We went to Marie Callendars.  I had a very small bite of corn bread and decided it wasn't worth it.  I ordered the soup and salad bar.  I had a really good salad with all veggies except for a little bit of ham and ranch.  I did not have croutons, bacon bits, or the delicious creamy potato soup.  I tried the veggie soup but the broth had a stange flavor and the veggies were somewhere in the middle of raw and cooked...not my favorite.  I then tried the chicken tortilla soup and it was much better.  I had one small cup with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.  For a bit extra protein I had a small piece of my daughter's fresh turkey...super good!  My mom and daughter shared a slice of pumpkin pie that came free with my daughter's lunch.  I did not have a bite, lick, or taste of it...yeah me!

When we got home a few hours later I was physically hungry.  I opted for a yogurt and some fresh raspberries...good choice, right!?!?  I was good until I picked my son up from school and started making is snack...he is 16 and going through a growth spirt so he likes a "meal" type of snack.  That would be fine except some days I seem to black out and end up having a "meal" snack of my own.  I finally snapped out of it, but not after consuming far too many pp. 

I sat down and watched TV for a few minutes and then decided I better get moving to try and burn off some of the madness.  I found plenty of things to do for a good 2 hours...laundry, picking up here and there, emptying trash cans throuhgout the house, putting away some of the party stuff, doing dishes, etc.  I feel much better when I am moving than I do when I am sitting and eating when I really don't need to be.

On my walk this morning I thought it might be a good idea to note my daily eats everyday on this blog.  I am also going to start tracking on WW online again in addition to my paper tracker.  When I was "double tracking" I seemed to do better and not have so many moments of "what the heck did I just eat and why?".  Saturday I will need a new 3-month tracker so that will be my start date of tracking on paper, online, and on my blog.  I have got to stop momentarily forgetting I am a WW and how much I want to lose weight once and for all.  I am also thinking of a way to decorate the fridge door with friendly reminders not to eat unless I am truly hungry.  With my phone, Pandora, and my ActiveLink, I have found the "key" to getting in my activity...now I just need to figure out the eating part and I will be good!

Yesterday I ended the day earning a total of 10pp and making it to 176%.  Today I have earned 5pp and reached 120% thus far...it is only 5pm so there is still plenty of time to earn more.

Day 89...Food...+/-.  Activity...Success!

Onto Day 90...Hoping everyone has a great Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for so many people and things...my kids, hubby, mom, dad, and the rest of my family and friends.  I am thankful we have a roof over our heads, cars that get is where we need to go, car and health insurance, hot and cold running water, indoor plumbing, a washer and dryer at home, and the list goes on...

Tomorrow I will be making my first pies ever...one pumpkin and one apple.  I am half cheating because I don't have enough patience to make dough and crust on my own.  I am going to make the apple filling using a variety of fresh apples.  I hope they turn out delicious...edible would be fine too.  I didn't want to make a few "test" pies beforehand because we don't need that much pie.  We are eating at my brother's around 4pm.  I am still waiting for the Toys R Us Black Friday ad to decide if I will brave the crowds on my own since my hubby has to work.  I know Thanksgiving dinner itself will not be bad food wise...I just have to keep myself in check before and after dinner!  I am planning on starting the day with a 6-12 mile bike ride.  Last night I rode 8 miles, so I know I can at least do that...12 would be awesome, but I am not sure if my body will agree.  I am thankful it has allowed me to exercise so much.  We also plan to hang up the Christmas lights, go through some boxes in the shed, and put the rest of the party supplies away.  Should be a productive and active day.

I have thought alot about what I want to eat at dinner tomorrow.  I know I want turkey.  I probably won't have mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, or rolls.  I might have a bit of green bean cassarole and plain green beans on the side.  I know what pumpkin pie tastes like so I have decided I will skip it and ice cream and have a small piece of the apple pie instead...but I won't eat all of the crust.  Now if I can keep up with this plan, I will be good!  







No comments:

Post a Comment