Thursday, December 1, 2011

Accomplished...

Today has been a long one.  I helped at my daughter's school all day today.  I really love to be there because the kids get so excited over the simple things in life, and they help me forget about the stresses in life. After school we went to the grocery, picked up my son and his friend, came home, and I got straight to work on school.  I finished what I needed to do today relatively quickly, made dinner, worked on crafts, made dinner for my husband, did some dishes and laundry, and worked on some more crafts.  I am making Christmas cards for my mom to send out.  On Friday my daughter and I are going to a crop...I am trying to prepare all of my pieces before hand so once I get there I can spread everything out and put it all together.  Even though I am tired and today was a very long day I feel quite accomplished!

Dinner was good...although I didn't think to take a picture until I was taking my very last bite!?!

I used a can of Las Palmas mild green chile sauce, Mission extra thin yellow corn tortillas, mozzerella and cheddar cheeses, cooked and shredded chicken, fat free sour cream, and fresh tomatoes and made my version of enchiladas.

  • Heat the tortillas to get then soft and warm (I put then right over the fire on the stove)
  • Heat the green chile sauce in a large, flat bottomed pan.
  • Put the tortillas in the sauce, one at a time for a few seconds on each side
  • Once the tortillas are hot and sauced up...
  • Add the chicken to the sauce to heat through
  • Put a bit of chicken and cheese in the center of each tortilla and roll
  • I topped with a bit of cheese and popped in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt it
  • Then topped them with the sour cream and diced tomatoes
They were so tasty and relatively quick to make...when my Suegra makes them they are good, but of course she makes her own salsa and fries the tortillas in oil first.  I did weigh my chicken, sauce, and cheese beforehand so I knew how many pp I was having.  I also did each person's serving in separate batches to make sure everything was hot and the tortillas did not get soggy.  I was so excited that everyone, except my dad, ate the same thing and they all liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment