Dinner was good...although I didn't think to take a picture until I was taking my very last bite!?!
I used a can of Las Palmas mild green chile sauce, Mission extra thin yellow corn tortillas, mozzerella and cheddar cheeses, cooked and shredded chicken, fat free sour cream, and fresh tomatoes and made my version of enchiladas.
- Heat the tortillas to get then soft and warm (I put then right over the fire on the stove)
- Heat the green chile sauce in a large, flat bottomed pan.
- Put the tortillas in the sauce, one at a time for a few seconds on each side
- Once the tortillas are hot and sauced up...
- Add the chicken to the sauce to heat through
- Put a bit of chicken and cheese in the center of each tortilla and roll
- I topped with a bit of cheese and popped in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt it
- Then topped them with the sour cream and diced tomatoes
They were so tasty and relatively quick to make...when my Suegra makes them they are good, but of course she makes her own salsa and fries the tortillas in oil first. I did weigh my chicken, sauce, and cheese beforehand so I knew how many pp I was having. I also did each person's serving in separate batches to make sure everything was hot and the tortillas did not get soggy. I was so excited that everyone, except my dad, ate the same thing and they all liked it!