Follow by Email

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Two weeks of school freedom...

I just submitted my last school assignment of 2011...I am so excited and relieved!  Only two more weeks of school in January and I will be FINISHED...but for now, two weeks to finish up Christmas goodies, spend time with my kids once they are out of school at the end of this week, spend some time with my hubby since he will have two three-day weekends in a row, get to the gym as much as I possibly can, and bring in the New Year.

Today was busy and very productive.  My hubby, daughter, and I went to Denny's for breakfast.  My son decided he would rather sleep in and have me make him breakfast when we got home.  I was going to have french toast, but they did not sell "just one piece" and no one wanted to share with me so I opted for egg whites, chicken sausage, hashbrowns (shared with Molly), and fruit (also shared with Molly).  It was good and I was satisfied.  I think I am going to take the time to make some lightened up french toast one day this week...maybe on Friday since both kids will be out of school.  Sometimes I just need to eat something once and then I am good and don't need to have it again for awhile.

In addition to Denny's and grocery shopping, we cleaned house, finished decorating, got the holiday boxes back to the shed, and wrapped quite a few gifts...including 2200 pennies and 30 $1 bills for my nephew.  I figured if he wanted to dump the pennies in one of the machines at the store, at least he would still end up with $ 20 after the fee.  We like to get creative with gifts, especially ones that can be very obvious like money or gift cards.  I will have to weigh the 2200 pennies as the box is super heavy.  We put them in plastic bags and then my husband went to town with the tape gun.  It looks like a giant dinosaur egg and is inside another box so he will have no idea what it is until he gets through the box and all of the tape.  For the 30 $1 bills, we taped them end to end, rolled them up, stuck them in a box, cut a slit on one side of the box, taped a piece of paper to the last $1 bill and wrote a few directions.  I will take pictures and post them after was a bit of an eaty day, but I am ok with it.  I have given myself a bit of freedom for the next two weeks...not to go nuts, but definitely to enjoy a bit more than I usually do.  I have been a WW or a long time, and I have come to learn that I will have to be a WW for the rest of myself some controlled freedom from time to time will keep me on the right track and prevent me from giving up altogether!

Tomorrow more to do...go to spin class, wash fabric and start cutting it for quilts for my son and daughter, make fudge, chocolate covered pecans, and chocolate-caramel-pecan treats, start cutting paper hexagons to make a framed quilt made of paper for my mom as she is a quilter and I have no patience for small fabric pieces but plenty for small paper pieces, cut, fold, and glue papers for my daughter's teachers' Christmas wreaths, finish up laundry, make another trip to Wal-Mart & Sam's Club, and hopefully nothing else jumps onto my list before the day is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment