Sunday, December 4, 2011

Plastic cups, pretzel sticks, and miniature white spoons...

So yesterday's adventure was to the Harvest Festival in Pamona, California.  The drive was a little over an hour, but well worth it!  I am so lucky to have a patient 7 year old daughter who doesn't mind long car rides because we have taken many!

The Harvest Festival was held at the LA Fair Grounds and had rows and rows of food and craft vendors...we definitely got our walking in for the day!  With WW calculator and tracker in hand...we tasted almost everything...in tiny plastic cups, on pretzel sticks, and on miniature white spoons.  Flavors of the day came in the form of bread, soups, dips, toffee, seasoned oils, balsamic sauces, and more.  I accounted for every single bite, lick, and taste, and by the end of the day...to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and tasting...I used my dailies and 32 of my weeklies.  I do not feel guilty about my day of madness because I was in control and able to choose rather than have to have everything offered!

We were not allowed to take pictures in the exhibit hall, and I didn't think to get pictures with my friends as I am usually behind the camera and not in front of it...

Here is what we came home with...
                           
All star dip mixes that can be added to sour cream, mayo, or a mix of both...delish!
  
Freddie's Fabulous Mild Teriyaki Sauce...this was served with ground chicken and sticky white rice...yum!
                         
Freddie's Fabulous Hickory BBQ sauce...this was with shredded pork...so good!
                         Freddie was there with helpers sharing the love!
           
 Old Town Baking Co - Sourdough...dense and light at the same time...and super rich flavor!

Old Town Baking Co - Cheesy Garlic...with tons of cheese and chunks of garlic...insanely delicious!

                                                   
                                         My 15 year old son's breakfast...
  Round 1~ 1 piece of each type of bread...round 2 ~ 2 more pieces of Sourdough
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Let there be soup!  This company must have had over 10 different flavors...but I was good and only brought home 4 of them.  Last night when we got home around 5:30pm...I made the Chicken Pot Pie Soup...

  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 cups of nonfat milk
  • 15oz cooked & then chopped chicken breast (optional)
  • 1 cup +/- diced cooked carrots (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon of corn starch (optional)
All you have to do is whisk the mix, water, and milk and bring to a boil, add protein or extra veggies, and let simmer for 20 minutes.  I added a little corn starch to thicken in a bit.  The package says you can use 4 cups of liquid instead of 6, but I wanted the quantity...we got 6 servings out of it for 5pp per serving.  Ate the soup along with some of the breaded toasted and buttered.  So simple, quick, and good.  I will be sure to take pictures of the other soups once the are cooked because they look as good as they taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment