Yesterday I sliced a good chunk out of my thumb when I was slicing veggies...it is tender, but I am not going to let it slow me down! I had planned to take a nice long walk this morning and then another while my mom is in physical therapy, but the weather is not cooperating as it is pouring rain! I can hardly wait to get back to the gym. Once we get our taxes back, I am going back for sure...I really miss it! I am down to two options...returning to my old gym, or going to the gym my mom goes to. There are pros and cons to each so I have yet to decide.
My gym ~
- It is literally 3 minutes from my house (driving).
- I feel comfortable there...with the staff and members.
- The price is right!
- The machines and spin bikes are old and should be repaired or replaced.
- The number of classes, and times they are held, don't fit well into my schedule...or lack thereof!
My mom's gym ~
- The machines and spin bikes are in better condition.
- They offer more classes of each type.
- It is about 10 minutes from our house...my mom only goes every other day...if that often...I would like to go at least 5 days a week.
- It is a bit more intimidating...probably members more than staff?
- It is more expensive.
- I couldn't shop at Sam's & Wal-Mart, to save a trip, while my mom is at the gym if I am there too.
I think to make my final decision I will do a trial few days at my mom's and see how it goes. I actually did join that gym years ago and did not feel as good there as I did at my old gym. I think I may just have answered my own question...feeling good about the gym you go to is just as important as going! We'll see!
Last night, after my late night snack, I decided to prepare my eats for today. I am going to have a homemade pizza for lunch so I chopped up the veggies, canadian bacon, and measured out the cheese...it is all in one container ready to go onto my crust and bake. For dinner I am making club sandwhiches, baked zucchini, and eggplant. I am going to have a salad instead of a sandwhich and have already put the chicken, veggies, and measured out cooked bacon to throw together with some spinach, iceberg, and tomatoes when it is time for dinner. I also pretracked my entire day to include snacks. I am not sure what I am going to do for activity...but I will think of something. I really want to the scale to either stay the same or go down a bit this week. My TOM is coming along with my random eats this week, less exercise, and general stress, I feel doomed.