Friday, January 25, 2013

End of Day 153 & Start of Day 154...

Yesterday afternoon I went to my daughter's school to help...it always makes me feel good to be around the kids and I really like her teacher too!  We got home from school and had a few reasonable snacks.  We worked on homework and watched a movie together.  I picked my son up from school, made dinner, and choked half to death on a piece of roast beef lunch meat.  After that episode I decided to just have some baked zucchini for dinner rather than my "club" salad...I wasn't too hungry anyway, so it was fine.  After dinner I helped my mom do the dishes, watched the Novela with my hubby, and went to bed by 8pm.  I had a very frustrated feeling afternoon, and I know the sleep did me some good!

This morning I woke up early but stayed in bed until the alarm went off anyway.  The scale was down another 1.5 pounds from yesterday so I have hope I won't gain at tomorrow's weigh in.  The weather was super overcast and sprinkling by the time I dropped the kids off at school.  I was determined to go for a walk anyway, especially since I missed it yesterday and stressed about it all day.  I took a good 3 mile walk...the first 2 miles it sprinkled...the last mile it poured.  By the time I got back to the car I was soaked...but feeling good that I did it. 

When I got home I made a smoothie.  At last week's WW meeting I bought a box of the salted caramel smoothie mix because it was on sale and I have never tried them.  I put it in the blender with 1 cup of fat free milk, 1 1/2 cups of baby spinach, and some ice.  I probably added to much ice so I added a bit more milk to give it a better consistency...it was smooth, green, and delicious!

For lunch I am going to have another homemade pizza...I have two pieces of pre-measured dough left.  My mom might have the other.  For dinner we are having lean burgers and more baked zucchini...I think we might have some of the baked green beans as well and skip fries altogether.  I found the veggies at Wal-Mart in the freezer section...they are breaded, but since you bake them and they are not too bad pp-wise...they are a good, special side...and  veggie to boot!

I am going to pick up some more fresh fruit when my mom is at the gym so I can cut it up and put healthy choices in the front of the fridge.  I am not going to tell anyone in my family, but I am going to buy less junk that tempts me...ice cream, chips, crackers, etc...and more of the good stuff and hope no one notices.  I am sure they will...especially my parents.  Sometimes I get frustrated that they don't want me to be fat, but they never wanted to help me not be fat either.  They sent me to fat amp when I was 11...I lost 17 pounds over the summer and I was horribly homesick.  I came home so excited and ready to continue, but no one wanted to exercise with me or help me cook the healthy meals I was taught to cook at camp.  I wish I would have just done it on my own, but at age 11, there was only so much I could do on my own.  Now I am back in a similar situation where they want snacks and dessert every single day.  I don't want that for myself or my kids, but when that kind of food is in the house it is hard for us not to eat it.  I would rather have the fridge and pantry filled with good choices and then go out, once and awhile, for treats...someday...

Oh well...I have about 25 minutes until I take my mom to the gym.  When we get back I will make lunch and then I am going back to my daughter's school to help.  I need some time out of this house that is more than just going to the grocery, pharmacy, doctor, etc...

Onto making Day 154 a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment