Thursday, January 3, 2013

Days 130 ~ 132...Not quite as planned...

This week has not quite gone as I thought it would.  My hubby went back to work yesterday after a long holiday break, the kids are still off from school until the 14th, and Aunt Flo showed up to top it all off!  I have been so busy I wasn't even paying attention that it would be her time to visit...hoping to maintain at weigh in this Saturday...I have the past two or three months during this week so there is hope. 

My mom wanted a special New Years' dinner and dessert, so I made a beef roast in the oven, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and homemade rolls.  The beef and rolls were both made using new recipes that didn't quite work out.  The beef was a little undercooked so I cut it up and finished it in a frying pan.  The rolls did not rise well and although tasty, they were very heavy and dense.  Dessert however was fabulous!  I made 1/2 batch of a chocolate cake from scratch and then used the last of the Hot Chocolate 3 Musketeers candies, 1 tbs of yogurt butter, and some chocolate chips to make a gooey, fudgy, chocolaty topping.  Both the cake and topping were soooo good! Since I made 1/2 batch, I used a glass pie plate.  I had 1 slice, plus two spoonfuls, my dad had 1 slice, my mom had 1 slice, my daughter had 1 slice plus 1 spoonful, and my son had 1 slice, then another, then he and my mom finished it off!  It was really tasty and fun how most of it was eaten straight out of the dish...little portion control, but worth the memory!  My daughter and I took a chilly and hilly walk to the park...I earned 8pp for the day!

Yesterday my daughter's friend came over to play and my mom needed some help sewing so I spent much of the day trying to relax, watch a bit of TV, tend to the girls, and help my mom.  Kind of a frustrating eaty kind of day in spurts and I only earned 1pp and reached 67%.

Today was better than yesterday...after some errands in the morning, my daughter's friend came over again.  They had the best time playing in the tree house.  They also did some crafting, a bit of Just Dancing, and had a picnic dinner on a towel on the living room floor.  I made spaghetti, homemade rolls, and sugar cookies.  Everything turned out really well, especially the rolls...I used a new, different recipe!  They were light and fluffy, and I got alot more out of the recipe than it stated...luckily my husband and son polished them off so I didn't have to think about eating anymore than the 1 1/2 I did.  The whole batch was worth 59pp, but I got 17 huge rolls out of it!

While the girls were playing, I got all of Christmas put away and my son and I got the Christmas tree out of the living room and to the curb to be picked up tomorrow.  We raked the needles off the carpet, swept the floors a few times, and then vacuumed a few times.  I think we are finally pine needle free!

I have earned 5pp today and might be able to get 1 or 2 more before the end of the night.

Today's eats were better than yesterday...at this point I am striving for improvement, not perfection!

Day 132...Success!

Onto Day 133...

No comments:

Post a Comment