Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Days 66 & 67...Ugh...

Yesterday was busy per usual.  I reached 137% and earned 8pp for the day! 

I did my normal 3 mile walk and was feeling pretty good.  I had my meals and snacks planned for the day and I did well until dinner time.  I was tired and frustrated and not mindful of what I was eating.

There are so many emotions, or states of being, that I have managed to link / relate to food over the years...

Being...

~ Bored...Still struggle a bit.
~ Lonely...conquered.
~ Angry...conquered.
~ Sad...conquered.
~ Tired...Super Struggle!
~ Frustrated...Super Struggle!
~ Happy...conquered.
~ Nuts when plans change...especially when it is at the last minute and everyone forgets I have 500   
   other things to do and must plan ahead!  There is 1 of me and 5 of them and they often forget!

I am sure there are many more that I cannot think of at the moment.  I have definitely moved past a few of these since I have been a WW, but I still struggle with many.

This morning I took my car to the dealer for maintanance.  My husband took the day off to do yard work.  Oringally he was going to follow me and bring me back home, then I was going to take the shuttle home, then I decided to go early and walk while they worked on my car, right after I dropped the kids off at school. 

When I got there I found out my car would take most of the day so I decided to walk home.  It was just over 6.5 miles and took me about 2 hours.  I could not believe that I was actually doing it.  I have walked 6 miles before, but it was 3 miles out and 3 miles back.  There is something very different, for me, walking such a distance in one direction...especially since I would never have thought to just "walk home" from the dealer before.  The service clerk offered me a shittle ride about 10 times not understanding why or how I could walk so far.  The last 1/4 mile is up hill and I was dreading it.  I am not sure why because I walk up quite a few hills on my 3 mile walk each day...maybe because this was the hill I have struggled, and hated, walking up since I was a child...who knows?!?!  When I came walking around the corner my husband asked where the car was...when I told him I had walked home, he could hardly believe it.  I was so proud of myself and ready to conquer the day.

I proceeded to help my hubby finish up the yard work and then we went to a Mexican restaurant  for lunch.  I had planned to order chicken and shrimp fajitas without rice, beans, or tortillas.  I did fine with the tortillas but didn't even think about the rice and beans until I was 1/2 way done eating them...sometimes I think I am so tired I am on auto pilot!  One time I asked for my meal without the rice and beans, one time I asked them to bring them to the table in a to go box, and one time they sat on the table the whole time and I didn't touch them...I did end up bringing them home to my son.  Sometimes when it comes to food, for me, I think out of sight ~ out of mind is my best bet.

What was done was done...lucnh was eaten how it was and there was no going back.  I planned to make dinner better.  We picked my daughter up at school, I did more laundry, picked my son up from school, went to the dealer to get my car, went to Best Buy to buy my dad a new TV, came home...made dinner, and did the dishes.  We had breakfast for dinner which I did not go too overboard with although I did eat some while I was cooking.  My daughter and I made a caramel apple like dessert which was so fun to make and super tasty to eat.  We split the whole "recipe" into 5 servings so that was good too.  All in all my choices were not too crazy, but they could have been better...and every little bit throughout the day does add up.

The day is not quite over and I have already earned 11pp and reached 164%!  I am for sure done eating even though I still have to make my husband's dinner.  I know when I will struggle and when I won't and I know tonight I won't.

Days 66 & 67...Food...ugh...Exercise...Que Bueno!

Onto Day 68...

No comments:

Post a Comment