Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 100...

I can't believe it has already been 100 days since I have been consistently blogging, faithfully going to weekly Weight Watcher meetings, and I have reached (or exceeded) my daily ActiveLink goal on all but about 20 of those days!  There were quite a few days that I was very close to 100% and for whatever reason just didn't have the umph or time to get there.  My mornings walks almost always ensure that I make it so I am going to keep doing them for sure!

I am not proud that I have not lost more than I did in these past 100 days, but I am happy that I weigh less than I did on Day 1...5 pounds less.  I will not say only 5 pounds because I need to be positive and continue to cut myself a bit of slack considering my current situation.  I am not using it as an excuse, but it is definitely a major factor in my weight loss efforts.  I would be able to change my environment in a more effective way if my family and I had our home, but since we don't, I am thankful we have somewhere to live and will do the best I can.

I gave my mom the day off today and took my 16 year old son to visit my dad.  I made sure to bring some peppermint candies to help with the smell as I almost gassed myself sniffing so much hand sanitizer yesterday.  We stopped and bought my dad a coffee and a cookie.  I brought him a box of "soft" kleenex from home, a pair of pajamas, a train magazine that had come in the mail, and the Sunday paper.  He seemed kind of indifferent, but it it what it is.

On the way home it was raining really hard.  We stopped off the freeway for a break from the rain and had lunch at McDonald's.  I had a Big Mac, Medium Fries, and a Diet Coke...not the best choices, but none the less the choices I made.  I also had 1 cookie.  I got alot done at home before we left and have been busy nonstop since we got home.  I am already to 99% so I am sure I will exceed 100% by the time the night is over.  Throughout the day I have had spurts of frustration and "eaty" moments.  I am super ready for Weight Watcher's new 360 program to come out...this coming Saturday is the day for our meeting.  I am excited as my leader thinks the new program materials and topics will help me in my current situation...I hope so.

This week will be busy as usual with daily trips to see my dad, taking my mom to the chiropractor, taking the kids to and from school, working on teacher holiday gifts, homework, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.  I am going to take my morning walks daily, rain or shine.  I finally reached the gym and they confirmed my membership was finally cancelled so if the weather does not hold out I will have to find some other exercises to do to make sure I get something in everyday.  My arm is almost better so I am going to give it another week and then start using my hand weights...after a few weeks with no pain I will ease back into the Kettlebell too.

Everyone at home is a bit uneasy not knowing when my dad will come home.  It makes me sad because we should be so excited he is coming home, but really we are worried if he will be nice or his normal nasty self.  I guess he didn't hit his head hard enough to wipe the mean out.

Day 100...Not great, but not too bad either.

Onto Day 101...

No comments:

Post a Comment