Friday, December 14, 2012

Days 109, 110, & 111...

Tuesday morning my daughter woke up with a fever of 103.7.  I waited and waited for Urgent Care to open, but ended up going to the ER because she started vomitting.  They gave her an IV, took x-rays, and gave her some anti-nausea medicine.  We were there for 5 hours and by the time we left she looked much better.  She was a trooper through it all and thankfully they were able to bill me for the $200 copay.  Throughout the day her fever would come and go.  I called her doctor's office and they told me to give her Tylonol and Motrin. 

The fever has held on for days and I took her back to the doctor this morning.  A different doctor determined she has Strep Throat and prescribed her some antibiotics.  I hope they work fast, she fells better quickly, and she is able to go back to school by Monday as she misses her teacher and friends and there are only 4 more school days before Winter Break. 

We are supposed to get our Christmas tree this weekend, but my daughter might have to stay home with granny as it has been cold and wet the past few days.  With my daughter being so sick and trying to take care of my parents, it hasn't quite sunken in that Christmas is only about 10 days away.  I had planned to wrap gifts this week when my kids were at school but with my daughter home that did not happen. 

Although I haven't been able to take my walks, or do any formal exercise, I have made it to 100% in my ActiveLink everyday this week except for yesterday...I spent alot of time laying around with my daughter and only got to 79%.  Saturday ~ Wednesday were all perfect, on track, WW days.  Yesterday I went a bit nuts.  I must have had too much salt on Wednesday because they scale shot up 3 pounds yesterday morning.  That surprise combined with being over tired made for a very eaty day...a day full of eating just to eat, and not tracking the majority of it.  This morning the scale was the same.  I decided I am going to track all day and do my best to stay within my pp in efforts of making tomorrow's meeting with the WW scale as good as it can be.  I was super hungry thus morning after taking my daughter to the doctor.  I had some peaches, a piece of string cheese, and made up some grilled boneless, skinless chicken.  So far so good.  I am going to try and stick with Power Foods today and see how it goes.  This has been a super challenging week and although it could have been much worse, there is always room for improvement. 

Days 109, 110, & 111...+/-

Onto finish Day 112...

 

1 comment:

  1. Streptococcal throat is contagious, and most common in school-age kids and teens. Just like what the doctor prescribed, it requires treatment with antibiotics and plenty of rest and fluids. If the same thing happens to my baby, I would immediately call her pediatrician. Glad she’s available even after hours, and even reminds me to not hesitate calling her in case of emergencies.

    Malachi Cates

    ReplyDelete