Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 102...

My daughter was feeling well enough to go to school this morning.  I got in my 3 mile walk, and I am now off to take my mom to the doctor for her leg.  I packed some sandwiches, grapes, and water for lunch as from her doctor we will go see my dad.  We have eaten out quite a bit these past two weeks and I am tired of worrying about money and not so great food choices.

I am super tired, physically and emotionally...anticipating the visits with my dad, the visits themselves, and anticipating his return home has taken a toll, especially since I am still working on taking care of my kids, hubby, and mom.  I will continue to carry on and hopefully some goodness will come our way!

After hours of waiting at the doctor with my mom, more time waiting for the CT Scan, and numerous phone calls, it has been determined that my mom does not have a fracture in her hip.  She does however have a "bad" hip and bursitis.  OTC pain medicine and rest is supposed to ease the pain, if not we will be sent to a surgeon for the next step.  Thankfully both of my parents have really good health insurance and almost everything was covered!

I went to see my dad by myself again as it was too late and my mom stayed home with my daughter.  He seemed appreciative of his coffee and cookies.  I did find out that he will be coming home this Friday.  I am nervous about how he will act and I feel bad that I am more anxious than overjoyed.

My eats were all over the place throughout the day even though I packed a lunch for my mom and I.
My activity was great.  I earned a total of 10pp and reached 167%...not enough to counteract all of my eats though since the scale was up this morning.  I am sure some of it is from too much salt and not enough water, but it is what it is.  At this point I am just trying to survive and stay sane in the process.

My sister-in-law, the only family member we really see or hear from is getting a new Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer so she gave me her old one.  It is like new and fabulous!  Last night I made fresh whipped cream to eat with strawberries and this morning I made chocolate chip cookies.  I have wanted one of these mixers for as long as I can remember and I absolutely love it!  It is quick, clean, and amazing!  Per my daughter's request tomorrow's "test" will be mashed potatoes.

Day 102...Activity - Beuno!  Food - Not so bueno!



No comments:

Post a Comment