Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 13...still no schedule...

Today was a good day, although, even though the kids are back to school I don't feel like I really have a good schedule.  My mom has doctor apppointments, church, and exercise classes that I take her to, and some days she goes to the gym to swim.  She really has trouble making up her mind what time she wants to go.  I thought she was going swimming this morning so I kind of waited around for her to be ready.  I finally asked and she said she didn't feel like going.  That is totally fine, I just like to know what is happening...and when it is happening.

Early in the morning I finished up the pillow cases I started earlier this week...12 in all.  I was pleased by how well they turned out and also by how quickly I was able to finish them.  My mom was too, but then she felt bad.  She used to be so able and really good at sewing and quilting.  In the past few years Parkinson's has really gotten the best of her.  She can no longer stand up, or sit up, straight and in spite of her medicine she shakes quite a bit from time to time.  I try to convince her to work on smaller, less complex, projects but she insists on the more challenging ones.  As an outsider, it seems like she is just setting herself up for failure and it is hard to watch.  It makes me sad thinking about it, so on to the next topic...

Lunch was good today...I had cucumbers, carrots, yogurt ranch, watermelon, and 4 oz of pork from last night.  I had planned on taking my daughter to the mall after school but then decided we wouldn't have enough time to pick up my son from school.  We will go tomorrow instead.  I was really looking forward to having some frozen yogurt.  I ate plenty of fruits and veggies today and planned my pp well early in the day.  Since we didn't go to the mall, or for yogurt, I had plenty of pp for dinner.  I made kind of a "crustless" pizza and it was super good.  I sauteed red onions, green peppers, mushrooms, turkey pepperoni, and ham, and then added some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese at the very end.  I cooked everything separately and then mixed at the end so I could weigh my meats and cheese.  I also cooked up some fiber-y pasta...I added 1/3 of a cup to my mix and it was plenty.  I served dinner with some foccacia bread that I found at Sam's.  I planned on having two servings for 6pp since I had plenty of pp to work with, but after eating my "pizza" and only 1 piece I decided I was full.  Full...not stuffed...who woulda thought?!?!

I ended the day with 6pp left over.  I really was satisfied from dinner and did not want to eat just to eat, so I didn't.  I walked to get my daughter from school again today...it was just too hot...99 degrees and super sunny.  The walk there wasn't bad, but coming back was not nice...maybe because it is uphill?

By 9:30pm, my 100% light on my ActiveLink was blinking.  I plugged it in to find I was at 91%.  In efforts to reach 100%, I jogged back and forth from the kitchen to the end of the hall for about 5 minutes, then I did 50 Kettle bell swings...that light was still blinking so I did 100 toe taps and alternating cross punches.  I made it to 102% and earned 3pp for the day...woo hoo!  I am still in the hole 4pp for the week, but I still have time to earn them and I certainly took responsibility by accurately tracking them!    

Tomorrow will be busy...I want to ride my bike since my dumb foot still hurts too much for my gym shoe.  I'm going to ask my hubby to take the car so I can use his truck to take my bike to the bike trail.  After I take the kids to school I will ride my bike, take my mom to the chiropractor, drive to my husband's work and change vehicles, pick up the kids from school, take my mom and daughter to the library, take my dad to the doctor, pick up my dad's prescription, take my daugther to the mall, come home and make dinner, eat dinner, do the dishes, watch a novela (Mexican Soap Opera with William Levy..."el guapo") with my hubby, jump around if need be to hit 100% on my ActiveLink, and then probably colapse...and people say fat people are lazy...if only they could walk a day in my shoes...or this week...my sandals...

Day 14...ready or not, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment