Follow by Email

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 8...Weigh in...

My efforts and hard work paid off this week.

** I lost 6.2 pounds!!! **  I am SO excited!!! **

Several times throughout this year I thought I was "back", but really, I wasn't.

NOW I am back...back to my losing WW self...back to better thoughts about weight loss and getting healthy...back to a successful state of mind and body.

One day, and step, at a time, I will reach my goals.

Today I got to the meeting early, before they even opened the doors, so I walked (in my sandals) for 15 minutes.  I also parked a ways away for a few extra steps.  After WW I went to Urgent Care.  I was in and out within an hour...record time for sure!  They took x-rays and determined that my bones are fine but the ligaments on the top of my foot are inflamed.

I was given two options...1 ~ Take Steroids (Prednisone)...2 ~ Take 2 Ibuprofen a day and ice my foot for a week.  I chose option 2 since I have taken Prednisone and its side effects were not nice, including one being weight gain.  I am finally back on track...there is no way I am going to sabotage myself.

After Urgent Care I went to Subway for breakfast.  I had a 6" flatbread sandwhich with egg whites, cheese, ham, and a ton of veggies.  Since I drank all of my water at the WW meeting, I had Diet Coke...not the best choice, but it is what it is.  After breakfast I went to Sams & Wal-Mart...I walked, and walked, and walked some more.  I came home, made lunch, and then was on the go again...this time to Home Depot with my hubby.  We have three fruit trees and they needed to be staked.  We found a Bing Cherry tree for $ 17 so we bought it to add to the garden.  I don't recall ever seeing a cherry tree for sale, so I was quite excited.

Around 3pm I took my mom to the gym so she could swim.  I walked around Wal-Mart (once again) looking for a toaster.  It should be an easy purchase, but everyone I looked at I could hear a nasty remark from my dad.  I finally gave up and walked over to Sam's (again).  They only had two toasters and they were not right either.  After an hour of walking, it was time to pick my mom up from the gym.

When I got home I checked my ActiveLink...129% of my goal met so far and the day is not over.  I really love the ActiveLink because it is super user friendly and it motivates me to keep moving.

Tomorrow my hubby, daughter, and I are off to the LA County Fair.  I have lived here all of my life and have never been.  I can hardly wait to see what % of my activity goal I reach tomorrow.  My 15 year old son would rather go hang out at his friend's house.  At least I always know where he is!

Off to cook dinner...carne asada, guacamole, and corn on the cob...

No comments:

Post a Comment